Friday 7 January 2011

The Great Seduction

It was gruelling, but I finally used all of my womanly devices (i.e. I made cake) to seduce Mr Bee to come with me to the the show homes.

The house we were interested in was the Ruthin by Redrow Homes. Here's the picture that we saw on the Internet which captivated me:



We originally thought the back part was a different house but we learned on viewing the floorplan that it was included. We couldn't believe that our budget could comfortably afford this. There had to be a catch.

To me, it was how a perfect house should look: double fronted, the ubiquitous lollipop bays with a pretty door. It wasn't a modern box like most new builds. It had real soul. Redrow describe it as being "inspired by the Arts and Crafts Movement". Why don't most developers build houses like these any more?

I called Redrow Homes and arranged to view some of their show homes and the plot the following Saturday. Mr Bee wasn't totally convinced - obviously more cake was required.

No comments:

Post a Comment