Tuesday 30 April 2013

Crochet granny squares inspired by Rosehip

Okay, so I've yet again started another style of granny square without finishing my last project. Whoops!

However, I seem to have become quite addicted to these ones and have adapted a design I've seen in a few books to work with the Rosehip flower crochet granny square.

I've only seen Rosehip make cushions from her crochet squares and she just just  uses the flower squares, which do work (I love them) but I thought they could be a bit much by themselves for a blanket (not to mention time-consuming).

I'm quite proud of the plain squares as I had to get the same amount of stitches around the edge as the flower squares for joining. It was a little trial and error as maths has never been my forte but I got there in the end!

I timed myself and I can do a plain square in under 20 minutes. I think I am painfully slow as I can't hold the yarn right but it seems to work for me. :)

Here's what I've done so far. I plan to join them together with double crochet just as Rosehip has.





7 comments:

  1. That's going to be a stunning blanket, so colourful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazey Bee - you're doing very well with your lovely granny squares, and your colour wheel from a previous post is very inviting - if we could eat colour then I'd go for your display! I'll be interested to see which colour you decide on for joining up - it's going to be a gorgeous blanket. Well done! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking very nice. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty Hazey Bee. It's going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the process of making some of those same flower squares and I would love to mix them in with the plain ones like you did. Can you share the pattern for the plain ones?

    ReplyDelete