Saturday 11 May 2013

A different yarn - Sirdar Recycled Aran

I will finish that other blanket in my last post, but I have been slightly distracted by some new yarn I received: Sirdar Recycled Aran. It's a cotton and I find it really splitty, but I do think the colours and textures are lovely!


I am most certainly ready to experiment with other cotton yarns, but I obviously need to use up my stash first! Otherwise I really will be in trouble with Mr Bee. :)


The pattern is another adapted one. The flower is a cross between Rosehip's (designed for DK and a different much smaller square) and a triple petal flower I have in one my crochet books. The plain square is another adaptation - between two different books. Really, I am starting to wonder whether any crochet patterns are truly original.

I have a lot to do for work so won't be crocheting much in the next few weeks. Although, my holiday is booked and I can't wait. It will mean lots of preparatory shopping of course. I am hoping they will let me bring my crochet hooks on the ship...

9 comments:

  1. Those are lovely colours HazeyBee, and nice looking yarn too. I agree with your comment re crochet patterns - they are all adaptations really and we put our own touches in there. I'm trying to think of a quote I was once familiar with - something about 'there is nothing new' .... I think it applies in this case!
    If you don't find time to blog before your holiday then I wish you happy times and do hope your hooks will be welcome aboard!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these squares. . . and I have to also agree that all patterns are really adaptations from other.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. . . I follow you back to see your next lovely creations.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a beautiful work!
    Congratulations and many thanks for your comment on my blog!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are wonderful.
    Nice pattern of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours, lovely flowers, can't wait to see this finished, it'll be lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers and squares !! Thanks for visiting and joining me !! I am joining you back and glad to have a creative blog friend like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Beautiful colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Really appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete